Monday, May 11, 2015

Member Monday Feature: Stephanie Tomlinson


We want to extend a huge thank you to everyone who came out to our Mother's Day Gala on Saturday. As soon as we got some of the awesome pictures that were taken, we'll be doing a big recap. If you were there you know we presented two of our amazing volunteers with 2014 Volunteer of the Year awards. One of those recipients was Stephanie Tomlinson. Unfortunately, Stephanie was out of town with sick littles and wasn't able to come so we thought we'd take a minute to introduce her to you. I (Bonnie) first met Stephanie about a year or so ago. She started attending the event at Babies R Us in Concord Mills. I was struck by her passion for babywearing but also by her acceptance of others, her desire to learn as much as she could, and her willingness to help with anything. We quickly found that we could count on her to be there and help us manage one of our most popular events. Just a few shorts weeks ago, Stephanie officially passed her VBE (volunteer babywearing educator) requirements and is now a full fledged educator, but she has been an invaluable member of our group for a long time. We thought you guys should get to know her too!

Stephanie, can you tell us a little about your family? 

We are a geek family of 4. I have a husband, Blake, and two littles; Eli, 4.5 years old, and Caroline, 2 years old. We moved here from California about 2.5 years ago and found a lovely little community here in Landis. We enjoy (among MANY other things) Star Wars, Star Trek, and Phineas and Ferb. We also enjoy performance speed cars and planes.



How did you learn about babywearing? 

I can't really pinpoint when I learned there was a world beyond the baby bjorn and the moby, but after the birth of Caroline, I transitioned from working mom of one to stay at home mom of two. Meanwhile, my husband decided to go back to school in the evenings. This whole transitionary period facilitated the need for me to become a serious babywearer!

What is your favorite carrier of all times?

It's a toss up between a ring sling and a mei tai.

Babywearing allows me to _________: 

Be the happy place for my toddler wherever we are and keep both kids safe because my hands are full with just one when we're out and about.

How did you learn about BWI Charlotte? 

I searched for a BWI chapter after we moved here to make connections with people I had something in common with.




I love being a part of BWI Charlotte because ________: 

The group is terrific and welcoming and I love being able to help other parents love babywearing as much as I do!

What meeting do you typically attend? 

Concord Babies R Us meeting and the Huntersville Exodus meeting.

Do you have a favorite library carrier? 

Right now I'm really liking the Lillebaby. I haven't been as impressed by a SSC since I found Kinderpack love.

You find yourself on a deserted island. You can only have one carrier and one luxury item (hair dryer, mascara, favorite coffee cup, favorite pair of shoes, etc.). What would they be? 

I'd have to have a shorty wrap because of versatility and EOS lemon lipbalm!



Stephanie, thank you so much for telling us a little more about yourself, and thank you so much for everything you do for our group!  We are so lucky to have you!

No comments:

Post a Comment